About project / Participation
The first stage
Participants register on the site of the project, get acquainted with the topic, view video tutorials of the curators. From the general list of Ukrainians, the Righteous Among the Nations, which contains more than 2,5 thousand people from all regions of Ukraine, choose personalities for individual historical research.
The second stage
Personal research is conducted under the guidance of curators. The outcome of each participant should include: a biographical essay, documentary and photo materials, videos of witnesses' memories or event participants.
The third stage
Presentation of the project participants' works at the National Museum of the History of Ukraine in the Second World War, preparation of a thematic exhibition project, and the creation of the PortraitsUA research collection.
- The communication of the participants and curators of the project is through remote communication via electronic networks (project site, project page in Facebook, e-mail)
- To participate in the project, all those who are'nt indifferent to the national history of Ukraine are invited.
- The evaluation of the works are carried out by the curators of the project and by the invited Ukrainian leading historians
- The selected stories will be presented at the National Museum of the History of Ukraine in the Second World War (Kyiv) at the monthly informative sessions, the relevant thematic exhibitions, social videos on TV, informative campaigns in the public space.
- Acquaintance with the research of participants will be through domestic mass media, scientific conferences, etc.